Remodeling a kitchen is hard work. Sure, it can be fun picking out the materials and colors used, but there are also plumbing fixtures to be concerned with. It’s unlikely that you’ll want to redesign your entire kitchen and leave the old faucets, and you’ll probably want to change out the garbage disposal as well. Not to mention, you’ll probably have a pretty new sink to install.
Just because you can do all of these projects, doesn’t mean you should. That’s why Lascko Services is your reliable Muskegon kitchen plumbing experts. We can help you with your remodeling project as well as provide quality plumbing solutions for other common issues like clogged drains.
Save on your kitchen plumbing needs with our coupons and specials.
When To Call a Plumber for Kitchen Issues
Many homeowners take a DIY approach to resolving kitchen plumbing issues. However, there are some situations where it’s best to call a pro, including:
- Severe Clogs: There’s a good reason you’re not supposed to throw cooking grease and kitchen scraps down your drain. Over time that grease can harden and cause blockages in your plumbing. Add in some kitchen scraps and you’re going to need expert drain cleaning.
- Garbage Disposal Malfunction: If your garbage disposal isn’t working, don’t put your hand down the drain to figure out why. Although we rely on our garbage disposals for a lot, there are still some things we shouldn't use it for, like heavy scraps and bones.
- Leaking Fixtures: What starts as a small plumbing leak around your faucet can quickly turn into significant water damage. Any time there’s a water leak in your plumbing call a pro to get fast repairs.
While DIY is a great way to save money, when it comes to your kitchen plumbing, it’s best to leave it to the experts.
Know When to Replace Your Garbage Disposal
Clogs or wiring that needs to be properly connected are simple garbage disposal issues that can be quickly repaired by your Lascko Services plumber. There are, however, some more complex problems that may require garbage disposal installation services.
Parts such as bearings and blades for older disposals may be hard to get or might be expensive. If you have an old model that needs extensive repairs, garbage disposal replacement might be more cost-effective overall. Likewise, if your disposal breaks down frequently, your motor is damaged, or you notice that the disposal vibrates constantly when running, it may be time to consider new garbage disposal installation.
The Benefits of Kitchen Remodeling
A common misconception is that kitchen remodeling needs to be a large project with tons of money invested. With simple upgrades to your kitchen, you can get a refreshed look for half the money. Consider upgrading your cabinets or installing a new sink; it can all quickly help up the style. Some other benefits of kitchen remodels include:
- Increase in property value
- Improved plumbing health
- Repair of minor plumbing issues
- More convenient kitchen setup
- Extended life of appliances and piping
At Lasko Services we can help you remodel your kitchen and keep within your budget. With a little help from our pros you’ll get the service you need quickly - so you can enjoy the new additions in your home.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Made Easy
Want to know how to save money on kitchen plumbing repairs? It’s easy! Maintaining kitchen appliances is a great way to ensure that you won’t need garbage disposal repair any time soon.
Here are a few simple kitchen maintenance tips to help you:
- Clean your garbage disposal with a mix of vinegar, baking soda, and water.
- Grinding up ice in your disposal once a week can keep the blades sharp.
- Freshen up your drain by putting lemon or orange peels down the garbage disposal.
- Always run water while using your garbage disposal, and continue to run the water for a bit after you turn the disposal off.
- Keep hard items like chicken bones, silverware, and plastic out of the disposal.
- Avoid putting starchy foods like potatoes and rice or stringy foods like spaghetti down your garbage disposal.
If you still find yourself needing garbage disposal repair services in your home, don’t hesitate to call the expert plumbers at Lascko Services!
Hire Our Professionals Today
Kitchen plumbing doesn’t have to be a cause for concern when you work with our experts. At Lascko Services we’re homeowners too, which is why we understand how important kitchen plumbing is to your home. Whether you’re replacing an old fixture or completing an entire overhaul, our expert plumbers can help you.
Visit our reviews page to see what some of our past customers have to say about our work and then call us to schedule a call today!