Questions That Homeowners Are Asking Heater Service Companies
During the spring and summer, homeowners might only use their HVAC systems on hot days. However, during the winter, matters change entirely. Even when the heater cuts out for a few seconds, it's nearly too much to bear.
The following is a short question-and-answer guide about air conditioning maintenance and heater repair. Homeowners may find that facts they once took for granted are common misconceptions.
Different Types of Central Heating Systems in the Midwest
Each home has its heating system. The right heating system depends on multiple factors, including a residences' location, climate, and age. Most homes come outfitted with these systems:
- Furnaces. These units generally run on electricity, gas, or oil. They heat a home by sending warm air through the vents. A well-maintained furnace generally lasts anywhere from 15 to 20 years––although this may vary.
- Boilers. Boilers and furnaces have one common goal: to heat the home. However, their functionality is very different. Boilers heat the home by boiling water and sending the steam through the vents. On average, these units last about 20 years.
- Heaters. Many heaters rely on heating electrical coils inside the appliance, which then, in turn, heat the home.
There are many emerging "smart home" options in today's market. Homeowners will soon likely rely on smartphone apps rather than dials and digital thermostats.
Are There Ductless Heating and Cooling Options?
Ductless heating and cooling offer a host of benefits, including:
- Fewer leaks. Even though ducts are made of sturdy material, they're not immune to rats, inclement weather conditions, and other factors. Ductless systems don't have these problems.
- Reduced energy bills. Per Energy Star, ductless units can improve a home's temperature by 20 percent. They can require less energy, which can be a relief to homeowners looking to save money.
- Better air quality. Ductless HVAC units reduce the amount of dust, dander, and animal air in the home. This cuts down on respiratory issues and uncomfortable home temperatures.
After partnering with a heat pump service, homeowners should ask about ductless mini-split systems. These units save time, money, and frustration.
How Often Should Homeowners Consult AC Maintenance Companies?
Homeowners should consult HVAC companies at least once a year to get a "check-up." To check for issues, these professionals will:
- Locate any leaks
- Detect any "cold patches" or warm spots
- Review the home's energy use
- Run diagnostic exams on thermostats
- Prevent issues from happening in the future
- Assess the home's radiant heating capabilities
If a home's repairs are particularly expensive, an HVAC service person may recommend new heater installation or other services.
About Lascko Services
Homeowners can start 2022 on the right foot by consulting Lascko Services in Muskegon, MI. These professionals offer around-the-clock service, upfront pricing, and same-day repairs. Interested parties in Muskegon County can call these professionals today to learn more about HVAC services!
Distribution Links +