Clogged drains can be a royal pain in the neck. This common household problem might make you wish that you had magical long arms to reach through the pipes and grab whatever is stopping the flow. Since most homeowners won’t have that luxury, they may opt for store-bought cleaners. This is the worst thing you can do as these cleaners cause more damage than help.
Save on drain cleaning services with our coupons and specials.
Instead, call Lascko Services. Our plumbing experts can help with all your drain cleaning needs quickly and affordable with our coupons and specials.
What is the Cause for a Clogged Drain?
There are quite a few causes for a clogged drain. Sometimes it can be as simple as a buildup of hair. Other times, there are different issues:
- Grease: Pouring grease down the drain will allow it to cool in your pipes, eventually causing a build up that blocks flow.
- Hair: As mentioned, hair can be the cause of a major clog. To remedy this, install a hair catcher in each drain!
- Tree Roots: This is a problem you have little to no control over. Tree roots will grow towards moisture and nutrients. If your pipe has a leak, you may be faced with a clogged drain caused by a root.
No matter the cause for your blocked drain, you’ll need fast service to get your plumbing system back in working order. At Lascko our plumbers offer pin-point accurate drain cleaning that will restore the flow in your plumbing quickly.
How Do You Repair a Clogged Drain?
There are many DIY tricks available to repair your clogged drain. The most popular product people use is a chemical that is supposed to dissolve the blockage.
Unfortunately, this product doesn’t always work and you could end up ruining your pipes due to a chemical reaction. The product also doesn’t always get rid of the clog leaving you the chore of constantly repairing it.
Another popular method to get rid of a clog is using a plunger. This method might actually work quite well but it doesn’t actually remove the clog. Using a plunger mainly forces the blockage deeper into your pipes.
Best Option? Call a Professional!
Truly your best option for fixing a slow drain is to call a professional that offers clogged drain service. Here are the benefits to doing so:
- Clog is removed- by using a professional, you can rest easy in knowing that your clog is GONE!
- Pipes are safe- no matter the method for removing the blockage, your pipes and plumbing are in good hands.
- Tree roots won’t be a problem- if your drain is slow due to a tree root, a professional will be able to let you know your course of action. This will allow you to solve the problem for good.
- Professional advice- while your plumbing technician is at your home, he will tell you what caused the clog and how to avoid it in the future.
As you can see, there are several reasons to reach out to a plumbing contractor and Lascko Services fits the bill. We’ve been helping homeowners since 1999, and we’d like to help you too!
Visit our reviews page to see what some of our past customers have to say, and when you’re ready, give us a call for your home needs.