for Lascko Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I Have to Hire a Professional Plumber for Drain Repairs?
Q: How Often Should You Clean Your Sewer Lines?
- Clogged drains: Use a drain snake or wire hanger to break up or fish out common clogs. Be sure to run water at the same time to flush the blockage down the pipe. If that doesn’t work, try pouring a pot of boiling water down the line. A plunger can also come in handy when dealing with clogs. Just fill the tub or sink with water and use the plunger like you would in a toilet.
- Burst pipes: If you’re dealing with a burst pipe, consider using a pipe repair clamp as a temporary solution. You can either clamp it over the burst area or screw it on. Alternatively, try applying self-fusing tape. And if the damaged section is no longer tan 50mm, try burst pipe coupling. If all fails, call a plumber.
- Broken water heater: If you have a gas-powered water heater, start by checking the pilot lights. If the light is on, your unit won’t produce hot water. Check the temperature setting to ensure somebody didn’t turn it down accidentally. If you suspect mineral deposits could be the problem, drain the tank and flush out the sediment. If your tank is leaking, call a plumber, as chances are you may need to replace the unit.
Q: What Are Reasons for Heater/Furnace Issues and When Should I Get a Repair or Replacement?
- Dirty air filters
- Improper thermostat settings
- A yellow pilot light
- Worn out mechanical components
- Strange noises
- Blower cycling
- Old age
- Need for frequent repairs
Q: How Long Will a Ductless AC System Last?
Q: What Is the Difference Between Automatic Standby and Portable Generator Systems?
Q: What Size Generator Do I Need for My Home or Business?
Have more plumbing and HVAC questions? Lascko Services has all the answers. Call us at 231-725-2777 or contact us online to speak to our experts and schedule service. We are proud to service Muskegon, MI and surrounding areas.
"I had a great experience with Lascko from the person who took the call to the plumber/ tech who showed up. Courteous, prompt and professional. Walked through the issues and options and went above and beyond my expectations. Would definitely recommend."
"Dave did an excellent job explaining the situation, what my options were, and what he recommended. He even answered questions related to other potential issues I was having. All options were written and explained before making a decision and following through with the plan of action. Awesome service and highly recommended!"
"We had some plumbing issues from the recent cold snap. Lascko Services responded promptly and fixed the problems. Great service and great people. Frank was very professional. I would recommend them to all family and friends."