No parent wants to hear that the reason their child is sick is due to mold growing in the home. As a parent, you really don’t want to hear that the mold causing your child’s illness could have been prevented by a dehumidifier. At Lascko Services we take a proactive approach to controlling the levels of humidity in your home with an expert dehumidifier installation. These durable appliances help you regulate moisture and provide you with improved air quality that every homeowner should want.
Save on AC dehumidifier installation with our coupons and specials.
What Are the Benefits of Dehumidifiers
As mentioned earlier, a dehumidifier can significantly reduce the risk of mold developing in your home. Mold and mildew are caused by moisture in the air. Mold can cause minor illness that mimics a chronic cold or can cause asthma and respiratory infections.
Dehumidifiers can also help with a number of other issues caused by humidity in the home:
- Musty smells: While this smell is indicative of mold, having a dehumidifier can help prevent your house from smelling like must without the irritating scents from sprays
- Prevents home damage: Your home likely has wood studs and possibly other fixtures like paneling or exposed ceiling beams. With high levels of moisture in the air, the wood will absorb the water over time which will cause it to deteriorate
- High electric bills: If there is excess humidity in your home, your air conditioner has to work that much harder to keep things comfortable - hence the higher than usual electric bills.
- Clean less: These systems also help with the amount of dust in your home. Dust requires wiping items down, vacuuming, and cleaning floors
How Will I Know if I Need a Dehumidifier?
We’ve discussed mold, and while it is a sure sign you probably need one, there are a few other signs that you can look for to tell you if you need a dehumidifier or to replace an existing one.
- Having a constant problem with water making its way into your home because of heavy rain or flooding
- If you have water droplets or condensation on the windows it is a sure sign of too much water in the air
- Visible mold- mold shouldn’t grow in your home when it’s kept reasonably clean. Seeing mold means high humidity
- Water stains- having a constantly leaking pipe will cause extra water in the air. The water seeps out of the pipe and stays in the wall
- Allergies- of course this will be mentioned again. No one wants an illness caused by allergens in their home.
What Does Dehumidifier Maintenance Entail?
Like most other appliances, your dehumidifier requires regular maintenance in order to continue working efficiently. Regular maintenance can also reduce your chances of needing dehumidifier repair services.
Here are some examples of what your Lascko Services technician will do as part of routine dehumidifier maintenance:
- Change the system filter
- Clean out the water container
- Inspect the condenser coils for frost and ice buildup
- Clean the exhaust and intake grills
- Ensure that your dehumidifier is properly placed
Purchase & Installation of a Dehumidifier
When choosing a dehumidifier, you’ll definitely want to go with what’s right for your home and the humidity levels in your area. Choosing the right dehumidifier installation service is equally as important. At Lascko Services we have over 20 years of experience in and around Muskegon. We know which units work best for your home, how to install them, and tips on how to keep them properly maintained. With our help you’ll enjoy breathable air in your home 24/7.
Don’t just take our word for it. Visit our reviews page to see what some of our happy customers have to say about our services.