You might not even know if you have an air handler… but chances are, you do. Most people know they have an air conditioning unit, and that unit makes their home comfortably cool during the summer. However, beyond that bit of information, you might not realize if and why you have and air handler, and what their purpose serves.
At Lascko Services we do know whether or not you have an air handler and offer quality solutions including repairs, maintenance, and installations, to keep it running in top shape.
Save on your air handler needs with our coupons and specials.
What is an Air Handler?
This is a valid question. If you type it into a search engine you’ll eventually find a convoluted answer. The truth is relatively simple.
Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) units are comprised of two main parts--the outdoor and indoor units. The indoor unit is also known as an air handler.
Basically, the main function of an air handler is to move cool or warm air throughout your home. It can work with the heat pump or the air conditioner and is not technically considered the blower.
Although it’s not considered the blower, the air handler does contain one as well as a number of other parts.
How To Tell if Your Need Air Handler Repairs
There are a few common problems that air handlers seem to face. At Lascko Services we can help find the source of your problem, and provide you with a long-lasting and quality repair.
- Obstruction to airways: Technically your air handler didn’t break, but you need to consider cleaning out your ducts. They could be blocked with debris or dust.
- Dirty air filter: Regularly changing your air filter is one of the most important things you can do to prevent problems with your entire HVAC unit. Dirty filters make the entire unit work harder which will raise electricity costs as well as cause them to break sooner than later.
- Blower motor failure: This is a perfect example of a problem that can almost completely be prevented by regular air filter maintenance. However, it could still require a technician from time to time due to the control board or run capacitor failing. It’s also possible that the motor just needs to be replaced.
Why Choose Air Handler Replacement?
If you’re experiencing problems with your air handler, your first instinct may be to call for repairs. In some cases, however, opting for replacement may be a better option. If your air handler is old or has needed frequent repairs in recent years, you may want to ask your Lascko Services technician if the time has come for an air handler replacement.
Here are a few ways your home could benefit from a new air handler installation:
- Reduced risk of needing costly repairs in the future
- Increased indoor air quality
- Improved use of your AC system
- Uninterrupted use of your AC system
Professional Air Handler Repair Service
Maintenance is the key to keeping anything running well. If you disagree, think about the oil in your car, flushing your water heater, or even keeping software on your phone up-to-date. This is also true for your HVAC unit as a whole and the air handler as a component. It’s recommended to have HVAC units checked once per year to ensure everything is properly working.
At Lascko Services we have over 20 years of experience working with air handlers. Not only does this allow us to quickly diagnose the problem, but also it gives us a chance to provide you with an air handler repair solution that will make your home comfortable quickly.
When you’re facing an issue with your air handler, make the process easier by working with our experts. We offer flat-rate pricing, written estimates, and long lasting support that will give you the peace of mind you need when the warm summer months roll around.
Don’t just take our word for it. Visit our reviews page to see what some of our happy customers have to say about our work.